Hello! I'm Bevan Philip.
I'm a software developer hailing from the UK.
BSc in Computer Science at Loughborough University2018-2021
First Class Honours (currently)
Student Web Developer at Loughborough Students' Union
- Created eLearning material for the students’ union, and some in collaboration with Loughborough University.
- Helped the organisation transition from MSL to SUMS (two pieces of students’ union specific content management software), by both creating the frontend and backend systems to recreate or improve functionality from their previous system.
- Developed pieces of frontend web content.
- Learned how to keep track of progress and produce documentation for the organisation to enable transition in the future.
Work Experience at Delta Financial Services
June 2017 PowerShell, C#
- Was tasked with producing PowerShell scripts to improve their automated testing systems, by automatically provisioning a machine with a copy of the software that was activated with a test license generated by the Jenkins build system.
- Gained knowledge about how production systems work (was shown around their SVN repository, code tracker, and worked with their Jenkins build system).
- Had to work to a given task and produce production ready software.
- Gained insight into how an organisation with multiple locations works.