Hello! I'm Bevan Philip.
I'm a software developer hailing from the UK.
Junior Software Developer at Software AG
August 2018 - now Python, C++, Java
Working on Apama, a high performance streaming analytics solution.
Student Web Developer at Loughborough Students' Union
- Helped the organisation transition between content management software, by creating frontend and backend systems to replicate or improve functionality from their previous system.
- Created eLearning material for the students’ union, and some in collaboration with Loughborough University.
- Developed pieces of frontend web content.
- Learned how to keep track of progress and produce documentation for the organisation to enable transition in the future.
Work Experience at Delta Financial Services
June 2017 PowerShell, C#
- Was tasked with producing PowerShell scripts to improve their automated testing systems, by automatically provisioning a machine with a copy of the software that was activated with a test license generated by the Jenkins build system.
- Gained knowledge about how production systems work (was shown around their SVN repository, code tracker, and worked with their Jenkins build system).
- Had to work to a given task and produce production ready software.
- Gained insight into how an organisation with multiple locations works.